- May global sales at 234,554 units, down 4.9% y/y
- Sales in Korea recorded 45,663 units, down 4.7% y/y
- Sales outside of Korea recorded 188,891 units, down 5.0% y/y
- Kia to continue creating sales momentum and enhancing profitability through new models, such as the Kia EV6
Kia Corporation recorded total global sales of 234,554 units in May 2022, a 4.9 percent decrease year-on-year.
The SUV line-up led global sales during May, with the Sportage being the highest selling model. Sportage recorded global sales of 37,949 units in March followed by the brand’s Seltos and Sorento SUV models. Of the markets outside of Korea, Asia-pacific, India, Middle East and Africa, and South and Central America regions showed solid sales results.
Kia recorded sales of 45,663 units in Korea, a 4.7 percent decrease from May 2021. In the Korean market, the Sorento recorded sales of 5,356 units to lead the brand’s SUV sales. This was followed by the Sportage SUV which recorded 4,542 units.
Sales outside of Korea
Outside of Korea, Kia recorded sales of 188,891 units, down 5.0 percent year-on-year.
The Sportage and Seltos SUV continued to lead Kia’s sales momentum with 33,407 and 17,950 units sold respectively.
In response to the market’s current challenges, Kia will continue to flexibly adjust its production in line with inventory status and to minimize production disruption.
Building on competitive new models such as the all-electric EV6 – which was named the 2022 European Car of the Year in February – Kia will create positive sales momentum and enhance profitability, while transitioning to become a sustainable mobility solutions provider.
|Subject||May-22||May-21||YoY change||Apr-22||MoM change||2022 YTD||2021 YTD||YTD change|
* Sales results are based on wholesale.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.