- March global sales at 250,646 units, down 0.9% y/y
- Sales outside of Korea recorded 205,580 units, up 1.8% y/y
- Sales in Korea recorded 45,066 units, down 11.7% y/y
- Kia to continue creating sales momentum and enhancing profitability through new models, such as the all-new Niro and Kia EV6
Kia Corporation recorded total global sales of 250,646 units in March 2022, a 0.9 percent decrease year on year. For sales outside of Korea, Kia recorded sales of 205,580 units, up 1.8% year over year.
In the month of March, Kia witnessed positive business performance in many key regions including Europe, Asia Pacific and India showing improvements from a year earlier. The SUV line-up led the global sales with Sportage being highest selling model. Sportage recorded global sales of 36,154 units in March.
Kia recorded sales of 45,066 units in Korea, a 11.7 percent decrease from March 2021.
SUV models contributed to the company’s strong sales in its home market. The Sorento SUV recorded a sales volume of 5,435 units sold, alongside the Sportage SUV which recorded 4,919 units.
Sales outside of Korea
In markets outside of Korea, the Sportage and Seltos SUV led the sales momentum with 31,235 and 22,221 units sold respectively. These figures were followed by the Picanto model, also known as Morning in some markets, which sold 16,596 units.
Kia will continue to flexibly adjust its production in line with inventory status and to minimize production disruption.
The Kia EV6, the company’s first dedicated all-electric model, has been named the 2022 European Car of the Year in March, becoming the first Korean brand to win the prestigious accolade as clear evidence of the company’s transition to sustainable mobility solutions provider.
Building on such competitive new models, the company will focus on creating positive sales momentum and enhancing profitability.
|Mar-22||Mar-21||YoY change||Feb-22||MoM change||2022 YTD||2021 YTD||YTD change|
* Sales results are based on wholesale.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.