- November global sales at 222,232 units, down 13.3% y/y
- Sales in Korea recorded 46,042 units, down 8.9% y/y
- Sales outside of Korea recorded 176,190 units, down 14.3% y/y
- Kia witnessing gradual increase in vehicle production beginning September
- Kia to create sales momentum through competitive new models including the EV6 battery electric vehicle and all-new Sportage
Kia Corporation recorded total global sales of 222,232 units in November 2021, a 13.3 percent decrease year on year.
The global semiconductor supply shortage led to the supply side disruption resulting in a decrease in sales.
Kia recorded sales of 46,042 units in Korea, an 8.9 percent decrease from November 2020.
SUV models led the company’s sales in its home market. The Sportage SUV recorded the highest sales volume with 7,540 units sold and was followed by the Sorento SUV which recorded 4,903 units.
Sales outside of Korea
Sales outside of Korea decreased 14.3 percent compared to the same month last year with 176,190 units sold.
In markets outside of Korea, the Seltos SUV led the sales momentum with a record of 22,929 units sold. The record was followed by Sportage which sold 20,992 units then Rio which sold 17,115 units.
Going forward, in response to challenging business environment stemming from continuing COVID-19 and semiconductor shortage, Kia will continue to flexibly adjust its production in line with inventory status and to minimize production disruption. Also, Kia is witnessing gradual increase in the vehicle production beginning this September. Year to date, Kia is recording 7.6% increase in the global sales year over year reflecting the company’s strong product line-up.
Kia will also continue to focus on creating positive sales momentum and enhancing profitability through new models, such as the EV6 battery electric vehicle and all-new Sportage SUV.
* Sales results are based on wholesale.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.