- July global sales at 241,399 units, up 8.7% y/y
- Sales in Korea at 48,160 units, up 2.4% y/y
- Sales outside of Korea rose to 193,239 units, up 10.4% y/y
- Kia to maintain sales momentum through competitive vehicles including the EV6 battery electric vehicle and all-new Sportage
Kia Corporation recorded total global sales of 241,399 units in July 2021, a 10.4 percent increase year over year.
The Sportage and Seltos SUV models led Kia’s global sales in July, selling 31,695 and 22,117 units respectively. The K3 compact sedan closely followed by selling 19,720 units.
Sales outside of Korea
Sales outside of Korea rose 10.4 percent from a year earlier to 193,239 units. The sales boost was mainly spearheaded by the company’s SUV models, including the Sportage and Seltos SUV. Sedan models such as the K3 compact sedan and Rio sub-compact sedan also contributed to the sales increase.
Kia recorded sales of 48,160 units in Korea, a 2.4 percent increase from July 2020. The Sorento SUV led the company’s sales in its home market.
Kia will continue to focus on maintaining positive sales momentum and enhancing profitability through new models, such as the EV6 battery electric vehicle and all-new Sportage SUV. The Sportage SUV is due for global market launch later this year.
Kia will also continue to take pre-emptive measures to minimize business risks stemming from resurgence in COVID-19 cases and supply issues.
* Sales results are based on wholesale.
* Monthly sales figures provided in this press release are unaudited and on a preliminary basis.